Early-bird tickets are now on sale for The Movers & Makers Summit! I am just so excited about this event happening in 2015! I will be co-hosting this with Lisa Jacobs of Marketing Creativity, Bonnie Forkner of Going Home To Roost, April Bowles-Olin of Blacksburg Belle and Paige French of Paige French Photography. We are going away to the oceanside and want you to come with us!
At The Movers & Makers Summit: Charleston, SC, you’ll enjoy:
- A rejuvenating weekend with 20 like-minded creative entrepreneurs who mean business
- 5 presenters who are eager to guide + support you in wellness, blogging, business, photography, and design endeavors
- 2 days of focus, connection and growth
- A luxurious, oceanfront setting just outside the culture-rich city of Charleston, SC
Here is what you need to do:
Save the date:
- Saturday, February 28 through Sunday, March 1 in a private, oceanfront home on the Isle of Palms (Charleston, SC). We’ll meet from 9-5 Saturday and 9-3 Sunday. Attendees are also invited to join us for a pre-party meet & greet Friday, February 27 from 6-8 PM.
Get your ticket:
- The early-bird ticket saves you $200 and is available now! There are only 20 seats available because we want this to be an intimate gathering that really creates strong connections and lasting change. We expect to sell out early.
Book your accommodations:
Our workshop will take place in a dreamy vacation home 15 miles outside Charleston’s city center, and 30 minutes from Charleston International airport. The exact location will be disclosed only to attendees, but it is a magnificent gathering spot that will provide an escape from the hustle, time to reset your focus and allow you to bring new life to your business dreams. Click here
to see the closest nearby hotels. Once you purchase your ticket, an informational packet with some more details and recommendations will be sent to you.
Get ready for your adventure:
- Bring a notebook to jot down new ideas, clothing for walking along the beach, yoga gear if you’d like to participate in a beach session or two with me (I can’t wait!). If you have any special dietary needs please bring a packed lunch for both days. We will offer plenty of hot + cold refreshments, fresh sandwiches, fruit and veggies during the workshop.
You are excited, right? Want to know more? You can use our contact form to get in touch with any questions about the retreat or leave a comment below. Hope to see you by the ocean!
If you can’t make it but know someone who would love to know about this be sure to forward this email to them or share it on social media. Wishing you all of the best in 2015!
My husband and I hosted a Holiday Open House in our home last Saturday and I decided last minute to have a photo booth section. We taped wrapping paper to the wall, put out santa hats and I created these simple photo booth props for guests to use. It was all very last minute and I actually had the first guest to arrive cut them out for me! We taped them to chopsticks and used them in photos. They actually floated around the party as people took photos with their phones.
I thought you might want to add a little extra fun to some of your holiday photos so I created 2 copies to share with you. I made them simple so that they would not use much ink when printing. You could also just hold them in your hands to for photos.
Just click on the images below to download a pdf of each.
Above is a photo of me using one of the props. If you don’t follow me on Instagram then you might have missed my awesome vintage purchase earlier this season of a Hallmark Holly Paper Party Dress. Isn’t it fabulous!?!
I hope you are enjoying the season and I want to wish you Happy Handmade Holidays from the bottom of my heart! XO!
I am wishing all of you warm holiday wishes from the bottom of my heart! I will be taking next week off to spend Christmas with my family and I have a few things I wanted to share with you first:
– Keep an eye out in your inbox the week after Christmas for a newsletter from me including free worksheets from my Rejuvenate + Create ebook and The Etsy Business Planner! I will also be offering a discount code on both of those items along with a giveaway. Plus, I will be sharing an exercise to help you close out 2014 and focus on making 2015 spectacular! All of this will be for email subscribers only! So excited! Not on the list? Sign up for our emails on the right >>>
5th Edition of The Etsy Kit
– Announcing that the newest edition will be available in January and will include more info on Pinterest and a new Instagram section. Woohoo!
Holiday DIY Projects
– I did these two simple projects with my boys this year and highly recommend them to you!
Decorated Paper Christmas Trees – fun and festive!
Peppermint Bark Pretzels – sooooo yummy!
– Our contributors, Made Freshly, have created a huge and awesome giveaway for your business! My kits and ebooks will be included plus tons of other goodies to make the prizes total over $1500! Plus, the more you share it the more entries you get. Hooray! The giveaway ends on January 5th and I will remind you about it again in my newsletter. Go here to enter: http://bit.ly/1GVE8s8!
1st Annual Holiday Gift Exchange
– It has been so fun seeing photos, reading tweets and connecting with those who participated in this fun event! Be sure to check out the pretty packages by searching the hashtag #HSholidaygift.
Go enjoy your holiday season and I will be in touch so we can start making our 2015 dreams come true together!
Right now we are all in the throes of the hectic holiday season! Some may be loving every minute of it and others may be overwhelmed and ready for it to be over. Either way we all have only so much energy to get through the day. Usually we hit a wall and just can’t imagine how we are going to find the energy to continue on for the rest of the day or evening. Often we have plans or orders to complete or errands to run so lying around on the couch is not an option.
Here is what you need to do to tap into some extra energy:
Put Your Legs Up
Sounds simple, right?! It is!
- You can do this on your bed or on the floor.
- Sit sideways with one hip facing the wall. You can be about 6 to 12 inches from the wall.
- Gently lean back on your arms and swing your legs up to rest on the wall. How close you are to the wall will vary depending on height and flexibility.
- Once your legs are up you can let them relax a bit.
- Find a comfortable place to put your arms (hands on belly, arms over head, arms out to the side).
- Based on your flexibility, you might like a pillow or blanket below your lower back for support.
- Relax your shoulders and the muscles in your face.
- Close your eyes and breathe naturally. Try to relax your body on each exhale.
- If you are really tired you might want to set an alarm so you don’t fall asleep!
- Rest here for 5, 10 or 15 minutes.
- To come out of this position, you can slide gently off your support, bend your knees towards your chest and roll over to one side. Stay here for a few moments and relax.
- Gently lift yourself up to sitting and enjoy your renewed energy!
- Relieves tired or cramped legs and feet
- Gently stretches back of legs
- Calms the mind
- Boosts circulation to the upper body which helps after sitting or standing for a long time
- Increases energy
- Helps you feel refreshed when you are tired or stressed
You can do a variation of this by lying on the couch with your feet elevated. If you have any eye or neck issues you might want to talk to a doctor before doing this exercise.
No need to worry about your long to do list anymore! Your body has what it needs to keep your business going. You just need to take 5 minutes to let it do its work!
p.s. For more tips like this to help you boost your energy and nurture your creativity be sure to check out my latest ebook, Rejuvenate + Create: self-care for creatives!
Do you crave time to escape the hustle, reset your focus and bring new life to your business plan? Do you yearn for opportunity to enjoy new ideas, gain a fresh perspective and create a deeper sense of connection? Do you want to get away from it all to bring clarity to your vision and seek guidance for your big leaps?
If you said yes to any of the above then you will be thrilled to hear about The Movers & Makers Summit! What started as a small idea last year has been slowly cultivated into a 3 day event taking place in 2015 in South Carolina. I have been working with Lisa Jacobs of Marketing Creativity, Bonnie Forkner of Going Home To Roost, April Bowles-Olin of Blacksburg Belle and Paige French of Paige French Photography to create an event that is geared towards supporting artists, designers, shop owners, service providers and solopreneurs in the creative industry.
I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am to be a part of this retreat! We all spend so much time on our own learning from our mistakes, working on our businesses and planning our futures. I love the connections I have made online and want to deepen them in person. Let’s come together to share guidance & support so we can create strength & confidence in ourselves & our businesses.
What to expect:
- Honest and transparent presentations from experienced leaders in the industry
- Availability to the speakers who present. We’re not just talking at you. With only 20 people in the room, we’re there to discuss, exchange, interact and engage
- Tips, tools (in the form of handouts and takeaways) and resources that will help you take your career to the next level
- Direct feedback: get your burning questions answered on the spot
- Professional head shots and images that will enhance your blog or website.
- Space in between our scheduled presentations for impromptu, rut-busting discussions; the workshop will be customized according to you and your needs
- We’ll be in the city a day early for a walk through Charleston city market and a city meet & greet (February 27). Attendees are invited to join us.
- We’ll workshop Saturday and Sunday in a private, oceanfront home (February 28-March 1)
- Meet your hosts and presenters by visiting this page
- We only have 20 seats available, and we expect to sell out early
- Early-bird tickets go on sale Monday, December 28
- Visit our Getting There page for information on Charleston, SC and to book your stay
I hope you are excited and know you might have a lot of questions so feel free get in touch in the comments or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to seeing you oceanside in 2015! XO!