The Maker Mentors conference I did last month was a huge success and so much fun! I want to let you know that all of the Maker Mentors conference content is now available for purchase as an on-demand program! Everyone that registers for the on-demand program will get instant access to all of the recorded content, as well as the maker mentor community.
People loved this event and all of the speakers and mentors are talking directly to you. It is really something special. I hope you get a chance to be a part of the event and the community. Feel free to ask me any questions!
If you are business owner or even just a blog owner, you should perfectly know how vital a newsletter is in the marketing process of your activity. Not only it is vital, but if looked after with particular care it can bring great revenues and, most importantly, a one-to-one connection with your followers, leading them to trust both you and your activity more than ever. Making readers want to sign up to newsletter services is a big issue, as nowadays spamming is all over us and we only want to read interesting information that really appeals to us. And that’s the key, making your newsletter as readers would want it, with all the content that you think they’ll love and all the extras that they can gain by suscribing to your service.
Remember these 4 golden rules:
1. Always state the frequency of the newsletter, so that readers can make a conscious choice;
2. Explain why subscribing will give them extra stuff that just blog readers won’t have and state some examples of typical content they’ll read;
3. Use a simple and un-stressfull opt-in process, asking fundamental data only (probably e-mail and name): you don’t want people running away just because they’re obligated to give their phone number, it’d be unfair and counterproductive.
4. Use Call to Actions! We’ll never stop saying this. Use them everywhere, in the subscribing process, on your shop, in your emails, on your website, on blog posts, on social media.. wherever you can put them, it means you must. People are curious and love buttons!
Once all of this is set, the techy part of setting up the newsletter can be an itch of a problem, but with this step-by-step guide you’ll be able to set up your MailChimp Newsletter in a bit. What we’re going to make will look something like this. The whole process takes up to about 2h of work the first time, the process will then speed up to 1h if you get confident. Let’s dig in!
1. Subscribe to MailChimp and login. Your home screen might look different from ours if it’s the first time you use it. Don’t worry, search for “Campaigns” and hit “Create Campaign > Regular Ol’ Campaign”. (more…)
Hooray! After The Movers & Makers Summit was such a success last month I am so excited to announce that I am speaking at the Maker Mentors conference next month. It is so exciting because you can all come to this one since it is online! Maker Mentors is the first live online conference for creative business owners. They have brought together some of the smartest business experts & best creative business owners together to create a totally unique experience.
The conference is happening May 14th-May 16th. Everyone who signs up gets access to 20+ live sessions with creative business experts, an interactive forum and tons of resources to help you grow your business.
Don’t worry if you can’t make it live. All of the content is recorded so you can access it anytime.
Register now with the discount code “HANDMADESUCCESSVIP” and get $50 off of your conference fee. Woohoo! Be sure to check out the early bird pricing the goes until May 1st!
Want to know more? Dive into all the creative business goodness by clicking on the links below!
I am so excited to announce that I am teaming up with local jewelry designer Cassie Ulh of Zenned Out Jewelry for a workshop to help you improve your Etsy shop! You can check out all of the details below:
Your Etsy shop looks great and you are making sales but are still wondering how to take it to the next level. Join Cassie of Zenned Out and Kerry of Handmade Success for an afternoon at MADE Boutique to discuss steps and strategies to grow your business online. You will also learn some self-care techniques to help with the stress and fatigue that can come with owning your own business.
During this workshop we will cover:
Social Media Tactics
Blogging for Your Business
Saturday, March 28th from 1 to 4pm. Reserve your spot today by clicking here!
If you are not local and love the idea of something similar online then leave a comment below or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are local then I hope to see you there!