Summer is here in Arizona and I thought a giveaway would be a great way to end the month of May! I discovered Kate Koten of 4 Melodic Suns last year and just love her adorable and colorful accessories and jewelry. I especially love what she has to say about creating:
“There are so many things that I love in this world, but not many things compare to the wonderful expressions of creativity. I find the act of creating and sharing to be a beautiful form of communication.”
Check out the giveaway details below and be sure to check out 4 Melodic Suns on Facebook, Twitter and Etsy!
Kate is giving away a pair of the dragonfly earring (shown above) to one lucky reader!
To enter, just visit 4 Melodic Suns and mention here in the comments your favorite item.
One entry per person
Giveaway ends Saturday, May 30th 2015 at midnight MST
Winner will be announced on this post on Sunday, May 31st 2015
***GIVEAWAY WINNER! Charissa Struble!***
I’ll be in touch with the details shortly!
A few weeks ago I told you all about the Maker Mentors Conference coming up online. I will be talking about optimizing your day for creativity and I am so excited. I am even more excited to announce that I am giving away a ticket ($200 value) to one lucky reader! Woohoo!
To enter just comment below with one thing that keeps your creativity from flowing. It can be anything from comparing yourself to other artists, lack of sleep, fear, etc. I want to know! I have written my section for the conference already and would love to tweak it based on your responses.
Go here to learn more about the conference: makermentors.org. Giveaway ends Thursday night at midnight (PST). Winner will be announced on this post on Friday, May 8th, 2015.
It is Dionne Siegrist. Congratulations, Dionne!
I will be in touch shortly. I loved reading everyone’s responses. I feel like I could offer a whole course to help everyone deal with their creative blocks. Hmmm…. maybe in the future! (The winner was pick using Random.org)
I have something fantastic to share with you today! Virginia Lindsay of Gingercake Patterns & Designs has released a unique new book that might be the answer to your creative sewing dreams! Usually when a new sewing book comes on the market you get all excited for the new patterns and fabrics used in the book but you can only make them for fun. That is fine and dandy for people who enjoy creating and sewing on the side but what about those people who love to sew, enjoy coordinating fabrics AND want to make money doing it? Sewing To Sell: The Beginner’s Guide to Starting a Craft Business is here to save the day! The best part? The first half of the book plus the tips included throughout the book apply to anyone with a craft business or looking to start one!
I have known Virginia for a few years now and am so thrilled to see her share her expertise, her beautiful designs and her passion in this book. Most of you come to this blog for inspiration and tips regarding running your small business so I believe you will truly value the information shared in this book.
The first part discusses:
– finding your style
– discovering your audience
– sewing tips
– selling strategies
– interviews with successful creatives
The second part includes:
– 16 sewing projects
– complete patterns and tutorials
– categories such as “best sellers” and “best use of materials”
– suggested pricing for each project
– “made to sell” tips
The whole books shares:
– bright, colorful, beautiful photos
– tips for success
– encouraging words
C&T Publishing and Virginia Lindsay are giving away one copy of this book! Hooray! Check out more of the book here then just fill out the info and leave a comment about this book below to be entered. A winner will be chosen at random next Monday. The giveaway ends Sunday, January 18th at mindnight Mountain Time.
Also, I encourage you to check out the blog tour Virginia has created for this book because you will see many of the designs from the book re-created by talented designers and bloggers. Check out her Facebook page to follow along! She also sells patterns and shares tutorials on her website, Gingercake Patterns & Design.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*** The winner is Anita Johnson!!! Congratulations! I will be in touch with the details. I hope everyone else gets a chance to check out this amazing book! Thanks so much for entering! ***
I think the first thing I want to make is the organizer shown above! My mind is already planning the fabric combinations. I’ll share it here when it is finished! Good luck!
I am wishing all of you warm holiday wishes from the bottom of my heart! I will be taking next week off to spend Christmas with my family and I have a few things I wanted to share with you first:
– Keep an eye out in your inbox the week after Christmas for a newsletter from me including free worksheets from my Rejuvenate + Create ebook and The Etsy Business Planner! I will also be offering a discount code on both of those items along with a giveaway. Plus, I will be sharing an exercise to help you close out 2014 and focus on making 2015 spectacular! All of this will be for email subscribers only! So excited! Not on the list? Sign up for our emails on the right >>>
5th Edition of The Etsy Kit
– Announcing that the newest edition will be available in January and will include more info on Pinterest and a new Instagram section. Woohoo!
Holiday DIY Projects
– I did these two simple projects with my boys this year and highly recommend them to you!
Decorated Paper Christmas Trees – fun and festive!
Peppermint Bark Pretzels – sooooo yummy!
– Our contributors, Made Freshly, have created a huge and awesome giveaway for your business! My kits and ebooks will be included plus tons of other goodies to make the prizes total over $1500! Plus, the more you share it the more entries you get. Hooray! The giveaway ends on January 5th and I will remind you about it again in my newsletter. Go here to enter: http://bit.ly/1GVE8s8!
1st Annual Holiday Gift Exchange
– It has been so fun seeing photos, reading tweets and connecting with those who participated in this fun event! Be sure to check out the pretty packages by searching the hashtag #HSholidaygift.
Go enjoy your holiday season and I will be in touch so we can start making our 2015 dreams come true together!
We are going to end the week with a festive giveaway from Idea Chic, a letterpress and flat print stationery company based in Denver, Colorado. David and Julie Sandusky are passionate about making things that people will love. Their shop is filled with calendars, clocks, herb satchets, wrapping paper, magnets, journals, party favors and more. Everything is designed and made right at their studio. These two talented makers have their work in stores all around the country and are constantly dreaming up new ideas. They are sweet enough to offer a little holiday care package to one lucky winner. The winner will receive:
Enter in the widget below and the winner will be announced on Monday!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Bonus prize! If you follow Idea Chic and Handmade Success on Instagram and Twitter you will be entered to win the 2015 Colorful Mini Letterpress Desk Calendar shown above! a Rafflecopter giveaway
*** Both giveaways are limited to US residents only! ***
We hope you love discovering Idea Chic and are enjoying your holiday season!