Right now we are all in the throes of the hectic holiday season! Some may be loving every minute of it and others may be overwhelmed and ready for it to be over. Either way we all have only so much energy to get through the day. Usually we hit a wall and just can’t imagine how we are going to find the energy to continue on for the rest of the day or evening. Often we have plans or orders to complete or errands to run so lying around on the couch is not an option.
Here is what you need to do to tap into some extra energy:
Put Your Legs Up
Sounds simple, right?! It is!
- You can do this on your bed or on the floor.
- Sit sideways with one hip facing the wall. You can be about 6 to 12 inches from the wall.
- Gently lean back on your arms and swing your legs up to rest on the wall. How close you are to the wall will vary depending on height and flexibility.
- Once your legs are up you can let them relax a bit.
- Find a comfortable place to put your arms (hands on belly, arms over head, arms out to the side).
- Based on your flexibility, you might like a pillow or blanket below your lower back for support.
- Relax your shoulders and the muscles in your face.
- Close your eyes and breathe naturally. Try to relax your body on each exhale.
- If you are really tired you might want to set an alarm so you don’t fall asleep!
- Rest here for 5, 10 or 15 minutes.
- To come out of this position, you can slide gently off your support, bend your knees towards your chest and roll over to one side. Stay here for a few moments and relax.
- Gently lift yourself up to sitting and enjoy your renewed energy!
- Relieves tired or cramped legs and feet
- Gently stretches back of legs
- Calms the mind
- Boosts circulation to the upper body which helps after sitting or standing for a long time
- Increases energy
- Helps you feel refreshed when you are tired or stressed
You can do a variation of this by lying on the couch with your feet elevated. If you have any eye or neck issues you might want to talk to a doctor before doing this exercise.
No need to worry about your long to do list anymore! Your body has what it needs to keep your business going. You just need to take 5 minutes to let it do its work!
p.s. For more tips like this to help you boost your energy and nurture your creativity be sure to check out my latest ebook, Rejuvenate + Create: self-care for creatives!Share on Facebook
Do you crave time to escape the hustle, reset your focus and bring new life to your business plan? Do you yearn for opportunity to enjoy new ideas, gain a fresh perspective and create a deeper sense of connection? Do you want to get away from it all to bring clarity to your vision and seek guidance for your big leaps?
If you said yes to any of the above then you will be thrilled to hear about The Movers & Makers Summit! What started as a small idea last year has been slowly cultivated into a 3 day event taking place in 2015 in South Carolina. I have been working with Lisa Jacobs of Marketing Creativity, Bonnie Forkner of Going Home To Roost, April Bowles-Olin of Blacksburg Belle and Paige French of Paige French Photography to create an event that is geared towards supporting artists, designers, shop owners, service providers and solopreneurs in the creative industry.
I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am to be a part of this retreat! We all spend so much time on our own learning from our mistakes, working on our businesses and planning our futures. I love the connections I have made online and want to deepen them in person. Let’s come together to share guidance & support so we can create strength & confidence in ourselves & our businesses.
What to expect:
- Honest and transparent presentations from experienced leaders in the industry
- Availability to the speakers who present. We’re not just talking at you. With only 20 people in the room, we’re there to discuss, exchange, interact and engage
- Tips, tools (in the form of handouts and takeaways) and resources that will help you take your career to the next level
- Direct feedback: get your burning questions answered on the spot
- Professional head shots and images that will enhance your blog or website.
- Space in between our scheduled presentations for impromptu, rut-busting discussions; the workshop will be customized according to you and your needs
- We’ll be in the city a day early for a walk through Charleston city market and a city meet & greet (February 27). Attendees are invited to join us.
- We’ll workshop Saturday and Sunday in a private, oceanfront home (February 28-March 1)
- Meet your hosts and presenters by visiting this page
- We only have 20 seats available, and we expect to sell out early
- Early-bird tickets go on sale Monday, December 28
- Visit our Getting There page for information on Charleston, SC and to book your stay
I hope you are excited and know you might have a lot of questions so feel free get in touch in the comments or email me at email@example.com. Looking forward to seeing you oceanside in 2015! XO!Share on Facebook
I am excited for the Handmade Success gift exchange, aren’t you? Have you already made your gift? Here are some great ideas for all you makers…
1 – Boot cuffs
2 -These fabric covered journals are beautiful!
3 – And these woven wrap bracelets are adorable!
4 – All the ladies love a little handmade jewelry!
5 – These crochet slippers are so pretty!
6 – This scarf will make any outfit stylish!
7 – Mug cozies are all the rage!
8 – I don’t know anyone who doesn’t appreciate zippered pouches. photo by Elsie Marley
9 – Fingerless gloves are definitely handmade chic!
10 – And last these rope necklaces are great!
Editor’s note: Gift exchange partner emails are going out later today!
Virginia Lindsay — Gingercake Patterns and Design
Virginia Lindsay designs sewing patterns for Gingercake Patterns and Design. She loves the to sew practical, fun, and stylish things! Several of her patterns have been published by Simplcity and she has also written 2 books. Sewing to Sell ( to be released in Nov 2014 ) and Fabric Stash Cuties: Pretty Little Birds (to be released January 2015).Share on Facebook
We are going to end the week with a festive giveaway from Idea Chic, a letterpress and flat print stationery company based in Denver, Colorado. David and Julie Sandusky are passionate about making things that people will love. Their shop is filled with calendars, clocks, herb satchets, wrapping paper, magnets, journals, party favors and more. Everything is designed and made right at their studio. These two talented makers have their work in stores all around the country and are constantly dreaming up new ideas. They are sweet enough to offer a little holiday care package to one lucky winner. The winner will receive:
Enter in the widget below and the winner will be announced on Monday!
*** Both giveaways are limited to US residents only! ***
We hope you love discovering Idea Chic and are enjoying your holiday season!Share on Facebook