Custom Website Design from Tink Studio
It’s easy to get into the day-to-day of running our businesses and forget that for many of us, what potential clients see can only be found on the internet. They don’t get to behold and lust after your custom printed letterpress whozits or antique whatzits or gorgeous dangling thingamabobs, only your storefront and/or blog. For that reason, we want to be sure that 100% of the words we’re putting online are accurate.
Here are 10 laser-focused questions to keep your internet home fresh and freaking awesome:
1. Are all promotions advertised still current?
2. Do any vendors need fresh ads to reflect your changing inventory?
3. Do all opt-in forms for your newsletter function properly?
4. Is the information about products presented on your website still accurate? (Stock levels, available session times, number of services available, booking updates, etc…)
5. Have you recently added new and fresh testimonials to your blog or website? (Here’s how to get killer client feedback to make those testimonials.)
6. Is your bio up to date?
7. Is your bio photo up to date? (Do you have a bio photo?)
8. Are links to all your social media sites working?
9. Are your name and e-mail address/phone number clearly visible at all times?
10. Is your e-mail address accurate? (Ang [@] twothreezero [dot] com is not accurate. Type your e-mail address information in favor of humans and not spambots, please!)
A quick text tweak, upload, or graphic switch can make all the difference between clients visiting a current website and an outdated one.
Skim these questions now, then schedule any additional action you need to take.
If you’ve got a pet peeve that you’ve noticed about other business’ websites, let us know in the comments so we can look out for it!
Kristen Kalp — Brand Camp
Kristen Kalp is a (ghost)writer who believes people should have fun being in business. She blogs at Brand Camp for like-minded folks.Share on Facebook